Employment of Minors

California has strict regulations regarding the employment of minors in the entertainment industry. At a minimum, you must have an entertainment permit to employ minors, which can be obtained at no cost through the State of California’s Department of Labor Standards Enforcement and a teacher must be on set at all times (see our Production Guide for a list of On-Set Teachers).